Most pool accidents happen when someone is in the water. For kids that are swimming on their own, water alarms are becoming increasingly popular to prevent accidents like drowning.
If you don’t want to run the risk of having your children drown or any other children for that matter, consider using the best pool alarms to keep your pool safe this Summer.
This review will show you some of the best pool alarms on the market.
|Poolguard GAPT-2 Outdoor Pool Gate Alarm,White||Best Overall|
|PoolEye Immersion Battery Powered Alarm||Budget Pick|
|Lifebuoy Pool Alarm System||Upgrade Pick|
1. Poolguard GAPT-2 Outdoor Pool Gate Alarm,White
- Mounting hardware included
- 12-volt lithium battery for reliable and long-lasting operation
- Works with both swing and slide gates
- Eliminates potential injuries and protects children from drowning
- Designed for outdoor use
- Sound is very loud
- Hard to program, and instructions are a bit difficult to understand
Most of us have pets that could potentially walk out an open front door or the back door. Until I had kids, this was the way I thought of pool alarms. While they work for pets, I don’t think they work for kids.
A kid can easily remove a spring-bar, and a pet will not. Having accidently locked my dog out a couple of times, I sympathize with him. I thankfully had my front door key with me, but if I hadn’t had that I would have needed a person to help me retrieve him.
Expect to spend hours attempting to get this thing set up. I didn’t finish trying to figure out how to set the alarm for 2 days. The instructions are very confusing. You will end up researching on the web to figure out how to program this.
2. Safety Turtle New 2.0 Child Immersion Pool/Water Alarm Kit
- Affordable Child Safety Alarm
- Easy To Use
Parents looking for a child safety alarm to help protect their kids around water may find the Safety Turtle a suitable pick. It's an affordable way to keep your children out of harm's way around water.
It has a simple premise. The alarm is made up of two waterproof wristbands. You put one on each of your kid's wrists. As they approach the water, the alarm goes off.
It's an alarm that's definitely worth the cheap price, and if it possibly saves your child's life, it's a great bargain.
3. Lifebuoy Pool Alarm System
The Water Swimming Pool Alarm is Easy to Install – Powered by 4 AA Batteries (Battery not Included).
With this LifeBuoy Pool Alarm System you have complete control over what happens. You can choose when it warns, whether this is when someone enters the pool or leaves it, and it will accept up to three different users. To give a more personalised feel the system can be set for each user with their own warning tone.
It’s on board intelligence means you don’t need to worry about smothering your pool with false alarms. The sensor, with an advanced algorithm, automatically detects when someone enters or leaves the swimming pool. A combination of the magnetic sensors and the wireless remote meters will help you pinpoint the exact location, even in a 25 foot diameter pool. With the help of Visual LED lights, this is as if the government have installed an underwater flashing light to show you where intruders are.
4. Poolguard Above Ground Swimming Pool Alarm
- Great for kids who lose their grip on the ladder
- You can buy extension cords to put multiple alarms close together
- The Day/Night feature will be sure to catch any incidents in daylight
Poolguard takes one of the most basic pool-safety items and makes it even better. The day/night feature is perfect for catching potential pool accidents during a normal day.
The PoolGuard will sense movement in only about 1/2 inch of water and can sense swimmers at a distance of up to 30 feet away.
The floating alarm is designed to resemble a "penny" and magnetically attaches to the wall of your above-ground pool.
5. Pool Patrol PA-30 Pool Alarm
- Three-year battery lifespan
- Uses acoustic technology to detect the slightest noise made by a breaking wave
- Easy to install and adjust
- Can only be used when there is no solar cover on the pool (no light will break the surface of the water…)
- Since the device detects movement, it will go off if the person around the pool is moving as well
One of the best pool alarms on the market, the Pool Patrol’s underwater acoustic technology literally can’t be beat.
This little pool alarm is like having a lifeguard on call 24/7, works at night or during the day, and in all kinds of weather conditions. It makes a noise that will wake the dead and within seconds you’ll know something is up.
For some reason the manufacturers have put a warning in the instructions that I feel the need to mention here: If there is no cover on the pool whatsoever, then this little number works like a charm. But if there is even a small solar cover over the surface of the pool, then it will not work.
6. Poolguard PGRM-2 In-Ground Pool Alarm
The Poolguard PGRM-2 In-Ground Pool Alarm is a great option for families that have small kids that love to play in the pool, but are not always the best at staying close to an adult while they do so.
This alarm is great at letting you know that someone has fallen into the pool, helping you react as fast as possible. The Poolguard units also come with a tethered receiver that will let you and your family know if the transmitter is moving around, letting you know that someone has fallen into the pool without you being in the house.
A smaller, portable Poolguard Splash continues the company’s tradition of small, inconspicuous alarms that let you know that someone has fallen into the pool. The Splash is a wearable alarm that kids can wear around their neck. When the wearer ends up in the water, the alarm will go off, as the wearer was designed to do.
7. PoolEye Immersion Battery Powered Alarm
- Affordable and has a range of up to 6 meters, which is great for a pool under the canopy
- User-friendly interface
- You can easily move this motion sensor around or take it with you
- Able to use with or without a pool filter or a pump
- If you don't have a pool pump, you will need an additional splitter
- Although this is a good option on its own, you still need to keep watch because it is only a sensor
- Range is shorter than many other pool alarms on the market
18 x 36.
If you are looking for a basic sensor for your pool, the PoolEye is a great option. This is the kind of pool alarm you want to have if you are using other safety measures (such as inflatable pool floats) around your pool.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best pool safety alarm?
For this question, the best pool safety alarm has to be the Poolmaster 72140 Pool Alarm. This simple to use and install alarm can be used on any size pool or spa, and is extremely accurate in detecting changes in water levels.
The alarm will sound whenever the water level is higher than the setting that is chosen. It can also be used to detect if there is improper suction on the outside of the pool or spa walls. This can be caused by a crack in the suction fittings that are common on older pools.
This alarm is also waterproof, and has many other great features that make it the best pool safety alarm.
Are pool alarms effective?
Pool alarmsare popping up everywhere now. However, they were first introduced to the world by John Salka — a former competitive swimmer — in 1975. Within a few years, he had patented the technology that would gradu